is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Insurance Complaints

View Other's Insurance Complaints

Auto Insurance Complaints

Complaint 3 of 15 in "Billing or Pricing Issues"

Insurance Carrier: Commerce Insurance/john Walsh Agency
State: Massachusettes

Consumer Complaint:

We have moved to NH and replaced our policy with a less expensive one. Our agency refuses to allow us to cancel and return our money unless we turn in our plates. I have faxed them a letter from our current carrier stating that we wish to cancel. They still refuse. Help?

Insurance Expert Answer:

Many states have rules requiring the return of plates, or evidence that a new in-state policy was issued, as a condition of cancellation. Return the plates or explain why they cannot be returned. They'll then make a refund, although typically you'll be "short rated".