Auto Insurance Center
Articles To Read Before You Buy Car Insurance
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Article 1 of 10 in Buying Car Insurance - What to Know Before You Buy
Before you buy car insurance, get the information you need to become a smarter shopper by reading the following articles:
- What is Car Insurance and Why Should I Buy It? Get the car insurance info to make the right decisions when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
- Basic Types of Auto Insurance Coverage Before you buy, decide what types of car insurance coverage fit your insurance needs and your budget.
- How Insurance Companies Calculate Your Car Insurance Rate Find ways to reduce your car insurance rates by knowing what factors the insurance company relies on to calculate them.
- What to Know About Car Insurance Agents Before You Buy See what a car insurance agent can do for you before you make a decision to purchase a car insurance policy.
- Car Insurance for a Leased or Financed Car You will be required to get car insurance for a leased car. Read your lease or finance contract to determine what level of car insurance coverage you need.
- Gap Insurance for My Car Gap car insurance coverage will protect you if the value of a totaled car is less than the amount you still owe on a loan or lease agreement. Find out when you need gap insurance before you purchase a car insurance policy
- How to Lose your Car Insurance - Late Payments, Fraud, & More Late car insurance payments, bad driving record, or serious accident can result in your auto insurance being canceled.
- How New and Used Car Make and Models Affect Car Insurance Quotes Car insurance rates will vary based on the insured car. Get car insurance quotes before buying a car so you can make the best purchase!
- Lower Your Car Insurance Rate by Improving Your Credit Score Your credit score will affect your car insurance rates. Learn why credit score influences car insurance, and how you can reduce the impact your score has.