Auto Insurance Center
Save Money By Comparing Online Car Insurance Quotes
Article 2 of 8 in Buying Car Insurance - Discounts and Savings
As you prepare to buy car insurance, be a smarter consumer by shopping for online car insurance quotes before you settle on a policy. When you compare car insurance policies before you buy, you give yourself the chance to find the right coverage at the best price. Take advantage of free car insurance quotes, and get a policy that best fits your needs and budget.
TIP: Consumers tend to find the best savings by comparing at least five car insurance quotes before making a commitment.
How to Get the Best Auto Insurance Rates
The best way to make insurance companies reduce your rates is to make them compete for your business. Take the time to learn about your insurance options and be prepared to walk away from a bad deal. Getting online insurance quotes provides consumers the opportunity to learn about their insurance options. Shopping for car insurance quotes online has several benefits:
- You can get multiple insurance quotes without having to talk to an insurance agent or sales representative. At the Free Advice quote center, when you fill out an online car insurance quote form, you will be asked to provide driver, vehicle, claims and violations information online in order to show you insurance quotes from multiple companies.
- You can also visit each company site individually and request a single quote from each. Many insurers now offer instant rate quotes on-line, such as Allstate, e-surance.com and Amica. Others, like Progressive, even provide their rates and the estimated rates of their competitors.
- TIP: You should be wary of individual companies that promise to give you other company's rates. Insurance companies identify people they want to sell policies to and people they don't want to sell policies to, and can easily manipulate quote comparisons to attract customers they want and discourage those who they don't.
- When you shop online without talking to an agent, it doesn't mean you have to buy online without talking to an agent. Most online services give you the option of talking to a licensed agent before you buy.
- Car Insurance quotes do not commit you! You will not have to buy from a company with a bad rate, or stay with your company when it raises yours. Getting online car insurance quotes will give you the chance to lower your car insurance rates without committing you to any purchase!
KEEP IN MIND: Prices listed in quotes are not final! If you select a quote and pursue a policy with that particular insurance company then they will do a more thorough review of factors such as your driving history or credit score to determine your final rate. If you do not feel like the difference in price between the quote and the final rate is reasonable, then simply walk away and keep looking.
What to Look For in a Car Insurance Quote
Getting a lower rate is only part of the equation. It is important to look at what services the insurer provides. Consider the following service options when you are getting your online insurance quotes:
- Many insurers have add-on features such as emergency road service available for a nominal charge.
- Others have independent agencies throughout the U.S., so you can deal with a live person instead of trading e-mails and phone calls.
- Some offer car insurance deductible rewards which provide an immediate $100 off collision coverage deductible and an additional $100 off for each year of accident free driving.
- And some companies have simply built reputations for being easy to work with by having easy to understand claims processes and helpful agents that can relieve the stress of managing the aftermath of a car accident.
TIP: When you get your online car insurance quote, know what additional services are important to you, and what you expect from your insurance company beyond the cost of your premium payments!
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Once you have narrowed your car insurance quotes down to a manageable number, you must compare them. It helps to have a copy of your current auto policy handy when obtain your quotes so you can identify what you want out of an auto insurance plan. When comparing auto insurance, look at the prices available for the coverage you need and the quality of the insurance company. Only you will know what is important to you when shopping for car insurance, so take the time to thoroughly compare your auto insurance quotes before making a decision about which policy to purchase.
TIP: If buying care insurance just based on price, you could end up paying more later by not having enough coverage or being stuck with an insurance company that is either unable to pay your claim, or is inclined to find a way not to pay you!
Before deciding on any auto insurance quote, you should check out the insurance carrier to make sure the company has an acceptable rating in the industry. Stick with companies that rate excellent or very good in the top categories, and have good customer reviews.
Crucial Times to Shop and Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Comparing auto insurance companies is especially important when you've moved as location directly affects your premiums. It is also important to compare auto insurance companies when circumstances in your life have changed, such as retirement, marriage, adding a teenager to your policy, adding another vehicle, whether the amount you drive has changed or if you've purchased a new vehicle. Changed circumstances cause insurers to re-evaluate their risk, and since all insurers use different methods to evaluate that risk, your current provider may not always have the best price for your new circumstances.
When you are ready to get an online car insurance quote, visit the FreeAdvice.com online car insurance quote center to get started!
For more information about getting the right car insurance policy to fit your needs, check out the following articles:
More Articles To Help You Save Money On Car Insurance