Health Insurance Center

Health Insurance Q & As

Question 3 of 6 in Collecting Claims, Dispute Resolution And Denials
But my plan is not protected by the state! Who do I appeal to?
If you have a self-funded plan, take unresolved complaints to the U.S. Department of Labor Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration. Though their role does not include requiring the employer to pay, it may investigate your complaint.